2018 Allergy & Asthma Day Capitol Hill
On May 9, 2018 we had another successful Allergy & Asthma Day Capitol Hill (AADCH). More than 100 patients, caregivers, advocates, healthcare professionals, industry leaders and researchers came together from across the county to lend their voice to discuss critical legislative and regulatory issues facing patients living with asthma and allergies. Many thanks to all who participated.
Read a report on the day here.
• Advocacy Preparation and Breakfast: Preparation for congressional visits preparation and review of policy priorities.
• Congressional Visits: Meet with members of Congress and their staff individually or in group meetings on Capitol Hill.
• Congressional Lunch Briefing on key issues addressing asthma and allergy:
Congressman Phil Roe, MD, Member of the Congressional Asthma & Allergy Caucus
• Tonya Winders, President and CEO of Allergy & Asthma Network
• Bradley Chipps, MD, President of the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
• Randall Brown, MD, Center for Chronic Disease Management, University of Michigan
• Bruce Bender, PhD, National Jewish Health, Denver
Networking Reception: Meet with fellow advocates, healthcare professionals and industry leaders in an informal gathering.
AstraZeneca • Boehringer Ingelheim • GlaxoSmithKline • Mylan Specialty LP • Novartis • Sanofi Genzyme Regeneron • TEVA Respiratory
Association of Asthma Educators • American Association For Respiratory Care • American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology • CHEST Foundation